Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Journal Scrapbooking

Journal Scrapbooks or Art Scrapbooks - for some people journals are where they collect and put memorabilia not just words.
For these scrapbooks you will probably use some pockets to keep small items in such as pins, a piece of material from a homemade dress for a special occasion.  For this I would put a picture of the dress or me wearing the dress and small piece of the dress material in the pocket so I could see the design of the material.
If your child plays basketball and got a piece of the cord from the basket for winning the big game,  I would put a picture of your child cutting off a piece of the basket and put the cord (or a piece of it) in a pocket.  My daughter played basketball in second grade and I made the end of the year certificates with a picture of the team and I created a basket and cut out little orange balls and had it look like the ball was (slow mow) going into the basket. Then I had the season dates and my daughters' picture on it.
For a trip to the beach you could put  a sea shell or a tiny pill bag of sand in the pocket. The ideas are endless.
I hope this gets your mind thinking of  ideas that you can run with. If you do one share with me a picture and what you did. I would love to see it and share it on my blog. That goes for any of my blogs.
That's it for this time. My next blog will be on a Recipe Scrapbook. They make great wedding or Christmas gifts.

Till then HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!

No comments: